Tips to Choose an Inflatable Movie Screen for Your Backyard Theater written by: kimellen1
Ever seen a movie in one of those drive-in movie theaters? A real theater like experience with a big screen and great sound system, and above all, an outdoor, open air set up. The concept of outdoor projection itself accentuates the whole movie experience as you can see the movie with your loved ones in an open, free environment and still have the theater like the atmosphere around. This concept has grown in its popularity over the years to move from drive-ins to backyards of many houses. Suppose you have a big family gathering or a poolside party, an outdoor movie screening can take the entire event to a whole new level. And having an inflatable movie screen for projection can increase the quality of your backyard theater setup. Imagine having a movie screen made of cloth that will flutter with the wind during the entire movie and also have wrinkles all over. Of course, the outcome will be a flop though you have the best projector and sound system. Here are tips to choose an inflatable movie screen which is the most important element for your backyard theater set up.
* Decide on the place you want to set up the inflatable and ensure the place has access to electrical connections. To keep it inflated, a blower is provided, and this must have access to electricity all the while.
* to decide the size of the screen, confirm the number of people who would be present for the screening and also measure the area of your backyard. For a group of 5 to 6 people, a 6 to 8 Ft screen should do fine. For a larger gathering buy or rent a larger screen.
* Make sure it has a blackout curtain to block all the light coming from its rear side when you are using a front projection configuration. Having the undesirable light on the screen ruins the theater like experience.
* If you have a rear projection system and if the screen supports only front projection, all your efforts will go in vain. So go to a movie screen that supports both front and rear projection configurations.
* Ensure that the inflatable movie screen is made from PVC vinyl and properly air sealed to avoid any unexpected deflation.
* Ask if the movie screen can project all kinds of digital content like regular video, HD, 3D, and images as well. Go for the standard 16:9 aspect ratio and see if the screen is wrinkle free as lines on the screen upsets the complete movie experience.
* Go for the one that is easy to set up provided with features like Velcro. Also, a blower must be given to keep it constantly inflated.
* Storage will be a big problem if you are buying the inflatable for yourself. So buy a screen that deflates completely, easy to fold, easy to store and again, wrinkle free.
Bear the points mentioned above in your mind very clearly as you cannot afford to make mistakes while buying the inflatable movie screen since it is the most fundamental element of a backyard theater set up. Take your time, do your investigation and invest wisely.